Nordictrack C990 Treadmill Review
Overall Score 9.5
The NordicTrack C990 is among the best treadmills under $1,000. It features a 3.0 CHP motor, a 20″ x 60″ running area, an iFit-enabled console, with a 7″ touch screen, iPod compatibility and track cushioning options.
Fast running speed • FlexSelect Cushioning • 12% Incline
The 20×60 running surface is huge and uses an innovative FlexSelect cushioning system that takes stress off of your hips, knees and ankles. FlexSelect™ cushioning on can be activated for joint support or turned off to approximate an outdoor track if preferred.
The C990 can go up to 12 mph and has a 12 degree incline. It' sturdy, durable and has a great sized deck of 20” by 60” so you don’t feel squished when running.
The price provides so many features that aren’t on other comparable models from brands like Lifespan, Sole and Xterra and Sprit.
Installation is easy, the instructions are simple to follow and it takes less than an hour to fully assemble.
We found the C990 is easy to use, and has a great space saver design. Folding--up is so quick and simple ─ then to unfold ─ a gentle tap with your foot and the deck quietly & Safely returns to the floor. The C990 feels comfortable whether running/walking on, no catching on the belt and provides an enjoyable work-out option.
WHAT TO KNOW
The C990 treadmill from NordicTrack comes with a space saver design that is easy to fold up.
- There are heart/pulse monitors on the handlebars.
- The deck is 20″ x 60″ is wide for a spacious feel. The 60” length accommodates short to long
strides. There is Reflex™ cushioning on the deck to comfort your knees and back.
- The C990’s top speed is 12 mph and the machine is rated safe for user weights up to 300 pounds with a controllable incline of up to 12%.
- A 7” color touch screen allows access to your workout data & home internet network.
- There are 32 pre-built workout programs to enhance your workout
- The auto-breeze fan adjusts output according to your workout intensity or you can manually adjust the fan speed..
It features a powerful 3.0 horsepower motor that operates on a quiet mode and comes with a lifetime warranty. The strongly constructed frame also comes with a lifetime guarantee. There is a one year on labor and 3 years on the treadmill parts. It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee, you pay return shipping.
The Footprint is 78.3" L x 35.75" W x 56.4" H
GOOD TO KNOW
- You can make speed and incline adjustments with a touch of a button.
- The NordicTrack C990 is sized & powered to support walking, jogging & light running.
- When used with iFit Coach it will automatically adjust the inclines/declines throughout the work out.
- There is a tablet bracket so you can view videos while working out.
- The C990 provides pulse monitoring with grip sensors on the handlebars.
- This music friendly treadmill is iPod-compatible and has integrated 2-inch speakers.
- You can purchase in-home assembly for $249. This is handled by in-house technicians (no third parties) and includes delivery in the room of choice, assembly of the machine, and making sure the machine is 100% functional. If you want to assemble the C990 yourself, (estimated time 30-60 minutes) shipping is free to your door.
FEATURED ON THE TODAY SHOW
TODAY SHOW GANG
The C990 is the best treadmill under $1,000 with a powerful motor, a wide cushioned deck.
- The 7” color touch display offers 32 different pre-programmed work-outs.
- This machine is solid, sturdy and has a space saver folding design.
- The Auto-breeze fan automatically adjust based on your work out.
Who Should buy a NordicTrack C990?
- People looking for a good, reliable treadmill for walking, jogging or light running.
- People who want to work out on their own schedule with the convenience of an in-home treadmill.
- Individuals who want to walk/run on an incline for a more challenging work-out.
The C990 is competitively priced, best treadmill under $1,000
Available on nordictrack.com for $999
Shipping FREE to door
Room delivery and Assembly ─add $249
Extended warranty option available
SO IN THE END ── Final thoughts
This is a recommended treadmill for people who are looking for walking, jogging or light running. It has a powerful motor, automatic fan, integrated music speakers, a 7” color touch screen and 32 pre-programmed work-outs. Reliable and durable for all but the most intense runners. We recommend it as a buy.
─ The C990 is one of the best under $1k treadmills available. This is a great machine for light jogging, walking or occasional incline training. If you plan to use the treadmill every day for more than forty minutes or have several people using the machine a step up to the Commercial 1650 is highly recommended.
|7" Color Touch Screen||9.5|