Love Rosé - a refreshing Wine from Spain
The LOVE Wines Review
This week we have a new Rosé made from Tempranillo and Garnacha grapes from the Vino De La Tierra De Castilla region of Spain.
The LOVE wines offer excellent quality and value, developed as a special project by Vidalco International in collaboration with Bodegas Fernando Castro.
You can find Love Rosé for about $12 per bottle, a very fair price for this extraordinary light, dry Spanish Rosé. We enjoyed our bottle, chilled at the beach. A creation from from Spain, this wine is packed with fruity flavors but stays dry, not sweet.
Wine Maker notes
Slightly pink salmon color. The nose reveals intense and complex notes of strawberries, cherries and citrus. In the mouth is fresh and seductive with long lovely finish.
José Luis Galán Fernández-Sacristán
The Love Rosé is a mineral infused delight made from Tempranillo and Garnacha grapes from Spain. We found it to be delightfully dry with mineral infused berry flavors. With its intense purity, its strawberries, raspberries and a citrusy hint of grapefruit flavor – and with a mineral-layered complexity you get a lot with this wine at a great price. Overall: Fruity and Fresh, Light, easy to drink.
Tempranillo has become Spain's signature grape variety, largely thanks to its starring role in the celebrated wines of Rioja. It is also the country's most widely planted wine grape variety. Garnacha (or Grenache, as it is known in France) is a versatile grape grown all along the Mediterranean coast.
The region of Vino De La Tierra De Castilla is known as Bordeaux of Spain. Why? Because here you find similar grape varieties like in Bordeaux and the wines produced are wonderful, they challenge the best wines produced in Bordeaux but offer much better value in price.
SECRET TIP TO SAVING MONEY: A lot of wine produced in Vino De La Tierra De Castilla region of Spain is sold in bulk and is shipped daily to France where is used to blend with French wines and sold under the label "Product of France". By buying Spanish wines, you can buy Bordeaux quality of wine at budget friendly prices.
About the Vineyard
Bodegas Fernando Castro was founded in 1850 and today is managed by the 6th generation of the family, combining tradition and expertise in wine making with the latest technology and best practices.
LOVE wines are made on nearly 700 acres of owned vineyards in Spain. All grapes used to produce the LOVE Wines are estate grown and bottled.
The History of Bodegas Fernando Castro
Bodegas Fernando Castro is located in the heart of Valdepeñas, Spain.
Located 7,500 feet above sea level, the land is ideal for grape growing. Rain falls in the spring and Fall, and sometimes torrential rains in summer. With more than 2,500 hours of sun per year and 300 sunny days, the land produces grapes with great color intensity.
LOVE wines are produced with grapes from 60 years old vines, as previously mentioned, are estate grown and bottled. The natural wines are hand harvested but processed with the latest wine making technology.
You can find LOVE sold in Michelin Stars restaurants from Manhattan, Chicago to Houston, Soon, the LOVE wines will be launched officially in Asia, Central and South America becoming a global brand.
The LOVE collection includes reds, whites and rosé.
Where to find LOVE Wines
Freeport Liquor Busters
169 W. Merrill Rd.
Freeport, NY 11520
EZ Wine & Liquor
1108 Rt. 112
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
East 87th Street Liquors
1693 2nd Ave #1
NY, NY 10128
Fort Salonga Wines
10 Fort Salonga Rd
Fort Salonga, NY 11768
Clevedale Historic Inn
1050 Willis Rd
Spartanburg, SC 29301
40 Rushmore Dr
Greenville, SC 29615
120 Robin Helton Dr
Columbia Metropolitan Airport
3250 Airport Blvd, West Columbia, SC 29170
2815 Woodruff Rd Simpsonville,
Lowes Foods of Greer
850 E Suber Rd #200
Greer, SC 29650
1301 W Hollywood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60660
Food Pair Recipes
Love Rosé goes great with with vegetable dishes, barbecues, all kinds of salads, chicken, pasta, assorted charcuterie, paella or our favorite a grilled rib-eye steak. Try out the recipes below.
Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
Active Time: 20 min Total Time: 1 HR 30 min Serves: 4
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Ten 1-inch rosemary sprigs
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Two 1-pound boneless rib-eye steaks
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water. Add a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain.
2. Return the potatoes to the saucepan and shake over moderately high heat until the potatoes are dry, 10 seconds. Spread the potatoes and rosemary sprigs on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are sizzling and starting to brown. Tilt the baking sheet and pour off any excess oil. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes longer, until browned and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until well-browned and medium-rare, 8 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve the steaks into thick slices and serve with the potatoes.
The roasted potatoes can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 hour. Reheat in a 400° oven before serving.