A Guide to Shopping at Macy’s for a Mattress
Buying a new mattress does not seem like a fun day out. But start out positively, head to your nearest Macy’s and you can accomplish this task painlessly. Macy’s is a recommended place to buy a mattress for the following reasons:
- ✓ Lowest Price Guarantee
- ✓ Over 70 models to choose from
- ✓ White Glove Delivery & setup options
- ✓ Knowledgeable Associates
- ✓ Worry No More 10 Year Protection Plans
There are a couple of tips to make buying a mattress easier and we cover those in this review. You can buy a new mattress as simply as you shop for any other item at Macy’s with helpful staff, excellent selection and special offers.
With all the hype about buying a mattress online and having it shipped in a box to your home via UPS, there is still something about going to the store and actually seeing the mattress before you buy. We think Macy’s makes the mattress buying experience a positive one and does it way better than the mattress-only retail chains.
Huge Selection • Priced Guarantee • Sale Events
Macy’s has a wide selection of mattress spread over a range of prices. You are sure to find one you like in your budget. They offer all six mattress sizes, Twin, Twin-XL, Full, Queen, King and California King. Macy’s carries all the top mattress brands like:
- -Simmons Beautyrest
- -Serta iComfort
- -Sterns and Foster
- -Hotel Collection
Macy’s price matches, so if you find a lower advertised price, they will match it.
They offer 12 month interest free financing if paid in full using your Macy’s credit card plus you get Plenti points if you are a member. You can sign up for Plenti rewards for free before your purchase.
You can often get a great buy. Macy's has great sales events nearly every month that you can take advantage of to purchase your new mattress at the best price.
WHAT TO KNOW
You can add a mattress and bedding to your Wedding Registry.
Delivery is free if the mattress is over $787, otherwise there is an $85 delivery fee. If you want your old mattress removed there is a $25 option to do so. The White Glove Delivery service will carry the mattress to your bedroom and set it up.
Macy’s return policy varies depending on the model you select, so be sure to get the details. You will have between 60-120 days to return your mattress and the option of selecting a different model or opt to get a refund. A pick-up charge of $85 will be assessed as well as a 15% usage fee.
Macy’s offers a Worry No More 10 year protection plan covering any spills or stains that occur on the mattress. This has an additional fee option of $149 to $179 depending on the plan you choose and the model you buy. If you are concerned about stains, this may be a good option for you as they clean, repair or replace the mattress protection cover and / or mattress.
WHY WE RECOMMEND MACY'S
We recommend purchasing a mattress at Macy’s because if you have any issues with your mattress after your delivery, they provide a good customer service experience. Because Macy’s knows you are a valuable customer and buy more than a mattress from them, they will be much more likely to assist you until you are satisfied than many of the mattress only retail chains.
──Be sure you understand the fees and timing of the return policy so you know what to expect.
While the sales consultants will be helpful, you may not have positive chemistry with all of them, find one that you DO have chemistry with. Don't hesitate to come back another day to speak with a different sales person. Once you find one you like, get the days and hours they work so you can contact/visit them.
We also recommend Macy’s as a place to purchase a new mattress because you can try out the mattress at the store. Although the true test will be once you start sleeping on the mattress at home, it is nice to be able to see and feel the mattress before delivery.
GOOD TO KNOW
Prepare for your visit
1. Do your research online before going to the store or go to the store, have a staff member make some recommendations and then research online. Do not be pushed into a decision.
2. Take a photo of sales sheet with pricing and model. Return home to research.
3. Narrow your selection to 3-5 models within your budget and write down your questions.
4. Return to the store and try out the mattresses. Lie down as you would at home and close your eyes. Plan to spend 30-45 minutes on the visit, so make sure you have enough time not to be rushed.
5. Ask the sales team member helping you if there are any sales or promotions coming up or that he/she can apply now to close the sale. (be prepared to buy immediately once you ask this) If you don’t appear ready to buy you probably won’t get the best price.
6. Try not to let the sales person move you to a mattress that is not on your list. If he / she recommends another brand/model, you may want to leave for the day and do research on that model ── Don’t be pushed into a decision.
7. Be upfront with the sales person with what type of sleeper you are, what bed type you have and any concerns you have so they can assist you.
8. Ask about the return policy and get it in writing. It will probably be on the receipt but just make sure you understand the timing and fees.
9. Negotiate a delivery day that work for you.
10. Be happy sleeping on your new mattress or pleased with a new addition to your home.
The sales team at Macy’s will have been trained by the manufacturer so they are knowledgeable about the products. Ask questions, they will be happy to assist you. Your salesperson is important in case you have an issue so be sure to get their business card and days/hours they work.
Your sales person will be able to introduce you to an expert to assist you with any bedding. You can buy toppers, pillows, sheets and blankets at the Macy’s bedding department.
The mattress department at Macy’s is comfortable enviroment to try out the mattresses. They keep a good selection, so you will most likely be able to see the mattress you are thinking of purchasing.
Who Should buy a mattress at Macy’s?
People who want try out a mattress before purchase
Those who want professional assistance in purchasing a mattress
Individuals who want to choose from a wide selection of models
People who want a pleasant sales experience while buying a mattress
Macy customers can confidently purchase a mattress at Macy’s and experience good customer service
Macy’s has done an excellent job in putting together an extensive range of mattresses to choose from and you will be able to find one in your budget. You will find luxury mattresses as well as models for guestrooms, new students or graduates. Macy’s offers price matching if you find a lower price.
AT THE END ── Final thoughts
Macy’s offers a pleasant shopping experience for a new mattress
─ The mattress area at Macy’s is often next to the bedding department. It is out of the way of heavy traffic so you can relax and try out mattresses in a comfortable environment. The sales team is well trained and very happy to answer any questions you may have. The pricing at Macy’s is competitive and they price match. One of the best reasons to buy a mattress at Macy’s is their huge selection of brands from lower priced companies to luxury brands. It is a great place to try out a Tempur-pedic mattress or a Beautyrest Black model. You will also find lower cost alternatives. The sales team will explain the differences between the models and brands. The sales team is a great resource for you because they are trained by the manufacturer. Macy’s is recommended for mattresses purchases by Maybe.Yes.No. Just be sure to understand the return policy and fees so there are no surprises and find a sales Person you like working with.